SUMMER BIRD BLUE will officially be out in the US on September 11th, 2018, and I’m so excited to share these incredible book goodies with you! But first, some important info:
- ★ If you preorder the US edition of SUMMER BIRD BLUE (hardcover, ebook, or audiobook), please send proof of purchase to akemidawnbowman [at] gmail [dot] com, along with your full name and mailing address. To make this easier for me, please make sure you write your address the exact way you would write it on an envelope or package.
- ★ This preorder campaign is open to international readers!
- ★ Proof of purchase can either be a screenshot or email forward of the receipt.
- ★ I only have a limited supply of book swag, so I’ll be sending everything out on a first come first serve basis. Due to time constraints, you won’t get a response from me, but everything will be posted between September-October, 2018.
- ★ If supplies run out before you get a chance to submit proof of purchase, I do apologize. Everything was printed in limited quantities because I’m covering the costs of these items myself (including shipping). Thanks for understanding!
And now for the best part…the available preorder goodies!
- ★ A signed bookplate. (Not pictured, but it’s a small sticker with my signature that you can put inside your book when it arrives!)
- ★ A bookmark featuring a quote from SUMMER BIRD BLUE, designed by my dear friend and author of the upcoming CROWN OF FEATHERS, Nicki Pau Preto.
- ★ An adorable SUMMER BIRD BLUE enamel pin, featuring a tiny bird, ukulele, and an R+L for the sisters I can’t wait for you all to meet! (And also created by the wonderful Nicki Pau Preto! Have I mentioned she’s very talented?)
- ★ An exclusive SUMMER BIRD BLUE promo card (digital art by superhuman and artist extraordinaire, Grace P. Fong). This piece features Rumi playing the ukulele on the beach, imagining the ghost of her sister Lea beside her. It was commissioned specifically for this preorder campaign, and I definitely shed a tear (or fifty) when I saw it. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Thanks so much for all your interest in SUMMER BIRD BLUE!
I have some exciting news! SUMMER BIRD BLUE is officially a Junior Library Guild Selection, and it has received starred reviews from both Booklist and Kirkus. The Booklist review isn’t public quite yet, but I can share the following quote: “Bowman, whose Starfish (2017) was a Morris Award finalist, proves again that she isn’t afraid to dive headlong into challenging issues, such as asexuality, grief, resentment, and forgiveness. This beautiful story sparkles as its complex characters dare to find footholds in the seemingly inescapable dark.”
Kirkus had this to say: “Convincing local details and dialogue, masterful writing, and an emotionally cathartic climax make this book shine. A strikingly moving book about teenage grief.” You can see the full review here.
Yay! I am so, so excited for you all to meet Rumi on September 11th, 2018!