Tomorrow is the last day of 2016 aka the year that refused to give anyone a break. I know how tired many of you are. I hear your voices, read your words, and feel your anger and hurt deeply. Here’s hoping the new year is an improvement. (And 2017, if you’re reading this, the bar has been set very low. Don’t screw this up.)
But because it’s the end of the year, I’m going to reflect on some of the highlights from 2016. For me, they brought a little bit of light to all the darkness.
- The arrival of my son, who is adorable and cuddly and also really needs to start sleeping in his own bed because I am exhausted and have a book to finish writing.
- The moment I found out STARFISH was going to be published. It still doesn’t feel real.
- Seeing the cover design which I can’t wait to share with you.
- ROGUE ONE. It’s as good as everyone is saying.
- Realizing my toddler has a deep love for musicals, dancing, and Darth Vader. My proud-parent-feels are strong.
I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season, and I wish you the very best in 2017 aka the year my book comes out. *face-plants on the floor*